Module 3: Fractions
In Module 3 of Grade 5:
- Students will add/subtract/multiply/divide and solve word problems involving fractions with like/unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) using benchmark fractions.
- Students will be able to understand a fraction as division of the numerator by the denominator and solve word problems involving division of whole numbers (fractions or mixed numbers).
- Students will apply and extend prior knowledge of multiplications to multiply a fraction or whole number by a fraction.
- Students will interpret, compare, and explain multiplication in relation to the size of the product to the size of one factor.
- Students will apply their knowledge to MAFS.5.MD.2.2: to use operations on fractions to solve problems involving information presented in line plots.
Please spend 10-15 minutes per night working on your basic multiplication facts. Students who do not have a ready recall of the basic facts will struggle to complete assignments in 5th grade. Invest now to make math easier later.
Our Textbooks and How to Logon!
We have a new math website with our new text books.
See your child's text book, work book (bench mark practice book), intervention programs and math games!!!!
Please read the log in carefully before proceeding to the link: http://www-k6.thinkcentral.com
State: Pick Florida from the drop down menu
District: Pick Polk Co School District Bartow 33831 from the drop down menu
School: Pick Wendell Watson from the drop down menu
Log in: Student email (...@mypolkschools.net)
If you need to access student's login, please contact us.
Online Florida Intervention.
Once you have clicked on this logo,
choose Intervention Grade 5.
Reflex Math helps students of all ability levels to develop fluency with their basic facts in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
TenMarks is a math program we use within the classroom. This program allows students to build deep conceptual understanding and procedural fluency in state standards. When students complete assignments they earn certificates for their progress!
Khan Academy is extremely useful! Take a brief moment to create a login name and password. Please be sure to write this information down. Once you have logged in, the student's math teacher can add them to a class list. This program allows students to search a skill and watch a video, teaching that specific skill. This can be valuable for homework or weaknesses. Try to have students practice the skills within the present unit listed above.
CLICK ON ANY ONE OF THESE ICONS TO GET STARTED!